At Garland Grove Dentistry, we provide quality dental crowns for a variety of purposes, and our tooth caps are designed to last for a long time. However, eventually, you may need a replacement crown, which we can provide quickly and easily.
A dental crown is a tooth-shaped jacket that fits over a prepared tooth. It is always shaped and shaded to blend with your smile.
Reasons you may need a tooth crown include:
- Supporting a weakened tooth, sometimes following root canal therapy
- Concealing tooth flaws like cracks and discoloration
- Repairing a fractured tooth
- Topping a dental implant post to act as your replacement tooth
- Anchoring a dental bridge to complete your smile
Dental crowns play an essential role in modern dentistry, so it’s important to know when your cap may need replacing.
Signs you may need a new tooth crown include cracks or chips in the crown or a cap that no longer fits snuggly. Other signs:
- A discolored margin along the gumline where the crown is moving away from the gum
- Infection beneath the crown or at the gumline
- Decay under the crown
Schedule Your Dental Exam in Garland
Your Garland dentist evaluates your crown during your twice-yearly dental exams and will look for the signs that you may not notice, including tiny cracks in your tooth crown.