A dental crown's life span varies depending on several factors:
- The location of the crown in the mouth. Some areas of the mouth experience more wear and use.
- How well the crown was put in place.
- Diets high in acidic foods can shorten the life span of the crown or help bacteria compromise it.
- Trauma to the crown from things like accidents or taking a hit in sports can damage or loosen the crown.
- How well the patient has taken care of their crown and the rest of their teeth over the years.
A crown can last a lifetime with excellent oral care, frequent visits to the dentist, and caution. However, a crown will, on average, last 10 to 30 years.
Keeping up on your visits to the dentist will allow them to catch problems with dental crowns before they get worse and will help ensure that your crown stays strong.
Garland, TX Dental Crowns
Garland Grove Dentistry is proud to provide dental crowns to patients in the greater Garland, TX area. Dr. Jung is happy to accept new patients as well as to see returning faces. If you need a checkup, a crown, or a bridge, contact us today to schedule a time to meet with Dr. Jung.